Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Post 3 | Passions


3. Identify your passions. What things or ideas do you love?

There are many things that I am passionate about. I believe passion fuels your inner fire to do something. At the top of my list, life, in general, is a strong passion of mine. I love life and all the opportunities, abundant or little, it gives all us. When I wake up in the morning, I am thankful and excited to see what my day has in stored for me. My relationships with my family and friends are another strong passion of mine. I would not be where I am today without my family and friends, so my relationships with them are very important; each individual that I meet influences my life one way or another. Also, I am passionate about meeting and engaging with other people. I love making new friends and I enjoy opening myself up to others: “This is where branding happens: it is the dialogue that helps create and sustain a relationship between the organization and its audience. And good branding, according to the experts, must engage” (More Than a Name, Melissa Davis, 27).

Other than my main passions, I have many other passions. Of course, I am married to fashion. I didn’t acknowledge it when I was younger, but I have always been in love with fashion. When I was little, I was mistakenly mailed a Vogue magazine and rather than return the magazine to the sender, I kept it and it literally opened my eyes to the fashion world. Ever since then, I was completely engulfed with fashion and everything about fashion. I would say fashion is my first true love. Therefore, clothes, style, and trends have also become my passion. If fashion were my husband, music would be the guy I have an affair with. I appreciate music greatly for the same reason why I love fashion; it makes the world a better place and it connects people. Also, music helps me get through life. With different situations, different, moods, and different personalities, there’s different music that understands my complicated life. To me, music is another form of communication, which I speak fluently.

Lastly, a passion that has sort of developed over time is the ability to help others. We all experience high moments and low moments throughout our lives. (If you don’t, then you’re not living life). I enjoy helping others when they need help because I know what it is like to go through personal struggles on your own – you just wish someone were there to help you out. Thus, I am passionate about helping people in need because no one should go through a struggle alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment